Wednesday 21 October 2009

Future Study Tours

We are currently considering the schedule for future Study Tours for Created Sellers. We are keen to find out which partners you would most like to visit so that we can prioritise the sequence of tours over the next 3-5 years. Typically in January or February to take advantage of more temperate weather conditions, these two week trips, currently cost around £1800 for flights, accommodation, food and all required activities. These are great opportunities to get to grips with the stories behind why we do what we do.
Let us know which partner(s) you would like to visit and if there is anything in our arrangements that would make it more possible for you to go on a future trip. Note this is NOT committing you to anything; it will just help us formulate our plans.

5 comments:

  1. Avril and I would be interested in going to Bangladesh / Nepal when a trip is organised.
    We have previously on trips to Sri Lanka & India, Thailand and most recently to Peru. I can honestly say that the trips changed our lives and it certainly fired us up in wanting to do more for the artisans and their families / communities

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be really interested in visiting partners in Nepal too.
    I haven't been able to go on tours because I teach but when I retire next year, I hope to be able to take one of the wonderful opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved my trip to Nepal and Bangladesh, and, were I to go again, would be much more able to appreciate what I saw last time.... however, I feel I need to extend my experiences through visiting producers in places such as Sri Lanka, Thailand, or India (although India is so huge that is a trip in itself) The experience of the previous trip is a preparation for whatever country I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have been selling craft for more than 28 years now and have never been able to visit partners due to being a teacher or having small children at home. Won't be out of teaching for a few years so may well be interested in going on a study tour if one were arranged in a school holiday/half term.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to meet our producers in Nepal and Bangladesh - having visited Thailand and India I can highly recommend the study tours, whenever I unpack my stock I can remember the people I met and when I am tired and getting ready for another sale this is what keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete